Search Your Query

Custom Search

Wednesday 5 January 2011

I woke up in a white room

I woke up in a white room 
with white lace curtains. 
Snow covered landscape; 
I'm in Memphis for certain

Yesterday, it took over three hours 
just to travel the last twenty miles. 
But nothing is like my wife's family 
always being greeted with smiles

I was hoping for a White Christmas. 
You'd be surprise how simple I am. 
Be careful what you wish for 
God may be listening to your plan.

Most of the nation is covered 
with that dangerous and beautiful thing 
I am grateful for arriving safely 
for my wife's happiness is everything.

She wanted to see her family, 
her father, uncles and aunts. 
I've kept her in Southwest Texas too long; 
this trip I most willingly grant.

So, here we are now 
in a snowy southern wonderland. 
Waiting for Christmas dinner to come; 
a present only my wife can understand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...